Museum of Architecture in Wrocław
- Bernardyńska 5
- 50-156 Wrocław
- +48 71-344-82-79, +48 71-343-36-75
- Mondays: closed
- Tuesday: 10:00 am–6.00 pm
- Wednesday: 10:00 am–6.00 pm
- Thursday: 10:00 pm–6.00 pm
- Friday: 10:00 am–6 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am–6 pm
- Sunday: 10:00 am–6 pm
- Normal ticket: 20 PLN
- Discount ticket:* 14 PLN
- Group ticket (min. 10 persons): 10 PLN
- Museum lesson: 5 PLN
- Children under 3 – admission free
On Wednesdays admission free!
The museum accepts museum ID cards, ICOM cards, URBANCARD discounts and Groupon coupons.
Last tickets are sold 15 minutes before closing time.
*persons under 18, students of primary and secondary schools, students under 26, PhD students, pensioners - upon presentation of a valid ID
Museum of Architecture in Wroclaw Library
Open from Tuesday to Friday from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm
The Library collection includes publications on the history of architecture and art, related to the Polish and regional architecture, exhibition catalogues, all the publications of the Museum of Architecture in Wroclaw, as well as all the issues of magazines on architecture, including such titles as “ARCHITEKTURA-Murator”, “Architektura & Biznes” or “ARCH”.
Museum of Architecture in Wroclaw Bookshop
Open during museum opening hours.
The Museum of Architecture in Wroclaw Bookshop offers museum publications, exhibition catalogues, publications on historical and modern architecture as well as gifts, bags, postcards, bookmarks, fridge magnets and coloring books for children.
Getting to the museum
GALERIA DOMINIKANSKA bus/tram stop
- Trams: 2, 3, 5, 10, 6, 8, 9, 11, 17, 33
- Busses: 114, 120, D, N, K
- Zone busses: 901, 904, 910, 914, 900L i 900P, 914a
- Underground paid car park, Nowy Targ square
- Underground paid car park in Galeria Dominikanska shopping centre, Dominikanski square 3
Paid car park near the Raclawice Panorama, Jana Ewangelisty Purkyniego str. 11
Construction Archive of the City of Wroclaw Reading Room
Open from Monday to Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and on Friday from 9:00 am to 2:30 pm.
- Cieszyńskiego 9
- 50-136 Wrocław
- +48 71-347-16-96, +48 71-344-48-21
The Reading Room will be closed from 16th of July till 17th of August, 2018.
FUTURE ARCHITECTURE PLATFORM
Museum of Architecture in Wroclaw is the only polish partner of the international project Future Architecture Platform. It is a pan-European network of architecture museums, festivals and non-institutional cultural producers that promote the work of emerging architects, curators and researchers in architecture with the aim to bring the most burning issues of contemporary architecture to a wider audience. The objectives of the platform are: to connect the different architectural institutions, producers and communicators in a collaborative, trans-national, multidisciplinary platform for the exchange of new knowledge in architecture and to develop their collaborative and research capacities;
to encourage the production of new, alternative content for the visitors of the architecture museums and for architecture festivals’ audience;
to encourage circulation of emerging architects, researchers, curators, writers between museums, galleries and festivals throughout Europe;
to push forward new research and new, original presentations of the possible future models for cities and architecture;
to inform wider public and create awareness about current challenges in architecture;
to create an international fund of ideas about the future of architecture.
The FA Platform members are: MAO | Muzej za arhitekturo in oblikovanje, ORIS Kuća arhitekture / House of Architecture, Swiss Architecture Museum, HDA Beogradska internacionalna nedelja arhitekture, Trienal de Arquitectura de Lisboa, MAXXI - Museo nazionale delle arti del XXI secolo, TAW (Tirana Architecture Weeks), Copenhagen Architecture Festival, Ruby Press, Prishtina Architecture Week and СANactions.
More information you will find here.
The Polish section of DO.CO.MO.MO – International Comitee for DOcumentation and COnservation of building, sites and neighbourhoods of the MOdern MOvement – was founded in 1992 and belongs to DOCOMOMO INTERNATIONAL located at the Eindhoven University of Technology in the Netherlands.
It aims to:
- Bring the significance of the architecture of the Modern Movement to the attention of the public, the authorities, the professionals and the educational community.
- Identify and promote the surveying of the works of the Modern Movement.
- Promote the conservation and (re)use of buildings and sites of the Modern Movement.
- Oppose destruction and disfigurement of significant works.
- Foster and disseminate the development of appropriate techniques and methods of conservation and adaptive (re)use.
- Attract funding for documentation conservation and (re)use
- Explore and develop new ideas for the future of a sustainable built environment based on the past experiences of the Modern Movement.